Privacy Statement for Egencia
This Privacy Statement sets out our information privacy practices as follows:
• Corporate Travel Program - Overview
• What information we collect from you
• Use of your information
• Disclosure of information
• Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
• Cookies and other technologies
• Using the Egencia mobile phone and tablet Apps (the “Mobile Apps”)
• How we protect your information
• How you can access your information
• External links
• Where your data is stored
• Changes to that Privacy Statement
• How to contact us
We understand that booking travel online involves significant trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. (Personal information includes information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as name, phone number, e-mail address, or payment details.)
This document sets out Egencia’s policies concerning the management of personal information and describes the types of personal information Egencia holds, the purposes for which it holds that personal information, and the ways in which Egencia collects, holds, uses and discloses that information. By visiting this website, you agree to accept the practices described herein.
Corporate Travel Program - Overview
To manage its business travel needs, your organization has enrolled in the Egencia Program. Under this Program, your organization may designate a travel manager ("Travel Manager") to manage and administer the travel needs of your organization and may appoint one or more travel arrangers ("Arranger" or "Travel Director") to book and manage the travel of individual employees ("Travelers"), as well as non-employees as deemed appropriate by the company ("Guests").
Rules relating to bookings by Travelers
To book and manage their own travel, Travelers must register to become a member of Egencia or have profile data loaded in our system by the Egencia implementation team. Travelers who do not register to become members of Egencia must rely on their Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director. If you are a Traveler, this Privacy Statement applies to you regardless of whether you are booking and managing travel yourself or through your Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director. Accordingly, unless we expressly provide otherwise, when we refer to "you" in this Privacy Statement, we are referring to you as the Traveler, whether you are acting on behalf of yourself or through a Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director
Travel Managers, Arrangers and Travel Directors
While this Privacy Statement is primarily directed at Travelers and Guests, it also applies to Travel Managers, Arrangers and Travel Directors.
Any personal information that a Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director provides to us about himself or herself in connection with our Corporate Travel Program is managed as set out in this Privacy Statement. Egencia, however, reserves the right to contact Travel Managers, Arrangers and Travel Directors as contemplated by their organization’s Corporate Travel Agreement with us (e.g., for feedback on the Program, to discuss the business relationship, discuss new promotions, etc.). This contact may occur via phone, e-mail or postal mail.
When booking and managing travel on behalf of any Traveler or Guest, Travel Managers, Arrangers and Travel Directors must obtain the relevant Traveler's or Guest’s consent. Travel Managers, Arrangers and Travel Directors must also ensure that the relevant Traveler or Guest receives and agrees to the terms of this Privacy Statement. Each Travel Manager, Arranger and Travel Director also agrees to comply with the terms of this Privacy Statement when providing or handling any personal information of any Traveler or Guest.
Whether you book travel directly from us or allow your Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director to do so on your behalf, authorized individuals within your company may have access to your member ID, password, name of your member account, as well as your travel itineraries and all other information in your account, and may also direct that we share this information with third parties for recordkeeping or other authorized purposes. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director will also be able to update your profile settings (excluding your Member ID and password) and travel preferences. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director will also be able to view, change, or cancel any of your trip itineraries.
Scope of Statement
This Privacy Statement sets out the information collection and use practices of Egencia. The policies or practices of your organization may differ, and we are not responsible for any use or disclosure of your personal information by anyone at your organization or any acts or omissions of your organization, Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director. If you have any questions about the manner your organization, Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director handles your personal information or books or manages travel on your behalf, please contact the appropriate representative of your organization.
What information we collect from you
Before you access the Egencia website, we require you to sign in as a member, using your Member ID and password. Generally, Egencia collects and stores all information you provide to Egencia including, without limitation, all personal information about you that you specifically and voluntarily provide or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”, including first name, surname, telephone number and email addresses, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We also may request information about your travel preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and ticketing options. Your Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director may provide us additional personal information about you such as your employer ID number.
Circumstances where Egencia collects personal information include, without limitation, when you:
- Become an Egencia member
- Complete a Traveler profile
- Book travel
- Use the Travel Arranger service
- Participate in a survey
- Contact us
Passenger information: Egencia collects the full name, contact number and other personal information of a Traveler when a travel reservation is made through Egencia. We may also collect information about each Traveler's preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car hire programs and membership numbers, and ticketing options.
Automatic Information: We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see the “Cookies and other technologies” section.
Failure to provide information: In order to access the Egencia website, you must sign in as a member, using your Member ID and password. When making travel plans or a booking using this web site, you must provide the requested contact information and financial information. We will use your contact information to reserve the required services, to send you details of the confirmation, for billing purposes and to inform you of any updates or changes to your travel plans. If you do not provide the requested information, you will not be able to access the Egencia website, and we may not be able to complete your requests or orders.
Use of your information
Disclosure of your information
Egencia may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, rail companies, car rental companies, or activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout this website, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. These suppliers will process your data in accordance with their privacy policies. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you book through Egencia. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or to facilitate your travel reservation.
- Third-party vendors who may provide services or functions on our behalf, including without limitation credit card processing, business analytics, customer service after hours, distribution of newsletter or survey emails, and fraud prevention. Upon direction by your employer, we may also share your personal information with third-party vendors providing such services as expense tracking and reimbursement. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Others within your organization, such as your Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director, as described above in the "Travel Managers, Arrangers, and Travel Directors" section.
- Companies within our corporate family. We may share certain information with our corporate affiliate, Expedia for hosting, storage or reporting purposes. To the extent that a corporate affiliate has access to your information, it will follow practices that are at least as restrictive as the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Egencia, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- With law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs, and immigration purposes. In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- You can add or update information on the My Profile and My Trips pages and close your account as described below.
- You may also submit a written request to access the personal data that we hold on you. If you make such a request, Egencia is entitled to request appropriate identification before servicing such request. You can make a written request for access to your personal data by contacting us via the contact information set forth below.
- As a participant in the Egencia Program, you may receive communications from us notifying you of special promotions or other travel news. You can discontinue your subscription to such email newsletters at any time on the My Profile page under the heading "E-mail settings", or by telling your Travel Manager, Arranger or Travel Director that you no longer wish to receive such communications from Egencia. (Egencia cannot be responsible for any failure by them to communicate your preferences to us.) You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from such newsletter in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Egencia account or to your transactions with Egencia, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this website, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
Cookies and other technologies
Cookies are small data text files and can be stored on your computer's hard drive (if your Web browser permits). The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
Egencia automatically collects certain information about your computer when you visit this site. For example, we collect information about your IP address, operating system, and web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer). We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and travel booked. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include customizing your user experience, increasing convenience as you use our site, and collecting analytics information in order to continually improve our site.
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Information Collected by third parties/Display of tailored advertising
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization that is addressing this issue are in the process of determining what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Egencia currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Using the Egencia mobile phone and tablet Apps (the “Mobile Apps”)
When you use an Egencia Mobile App, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to this, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our Mobile Apps. Specifically:
We collect information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the Mobile App.
If you use a Mobile App's “find hotels” feature using your “current location,” we use information about your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – to show nearby facilities. We do not collect location data unless you expressly click on the “find hotels” feature using “current location” as your destination or you switch on location data collection through your phone settings menu.
Each Mobile App will also send us error reporting information in the event that it crashes or hangs. This enables us to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends us information about the mobile device type and version, your customer ID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
We may ask for your permission to send push notifications concerning changes in flight status or other items coming up on your trips. In addition, we may also use push notifications to issue key communications from your travel manager/employer in case of emergency. These permissions can always be managed from your mobile device settings.
If you select “Contact Egencia by phone” and choose the “Call back” option under Egencia AssistMe, where this feature is available, the Mobile App will send your customer ID, itinerary information and potentially other information about recent Mobile App usage to the travel consultant. This is done to expedite the customer service interaction and make for a smoother, more knowledgeable exchange.
You always have the ability to control certain information a Mobile App sends to us. You can switch off location data collection at any time through your phone settings menu. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this Web site to plan and book your travel, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can access your information
You have access to your information in the following areas of this website:
The My Profile pages on Egencia allows members to view and change their account settings. The email settings option lets you change your email address and subscribe or unsubscribe to the special promotional notification services. You can also change your password and elect to have an automatic password sign-in when logging on to this web site. You can add new Travelers and delete existing Travelers from your member profile; update or correct names, phone numbers, passport information, and emergency contacts for Travelers associated with your profile; and update your travel preferences.
Request to close an account
You can close your Egencia account by contacting us as described below. Once you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any information associated with the account, but you can open a new account at any time. We will send you an e-mail confirming your account closure to the e-mail address contained in your member profile.
The My Trips page on this website allows members to view, update, or delete their saved itineraries.
In the event that you notify Egencia that certain personal information about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Egencia shall take reasonable steps to correct the personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If any part of this Web site links you to other Web sites, those Web sites do not operate under this Privacy Statement. We recommend you examine the privacy statements posted on those other Web sites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information.
Where your data is stored
Egencia stores and processes Personal Data about Travelers in secure environments in the country or region where it is collected as well as in the United States. In order to provide its services, Egencia must transfer your Personal Data to the United States, and possibly to other countries where our third party vendors are located. Such transfers of Personal Data will be conducted in accordance with local data protection laws.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Egencia may update this Privacy Statement in the future. We will notify you about material changes to this Privacy Statement by sending a notice to the e-mail address you provided to us or by placing a notice on our Web site. If you have questions about our Privacy Statement, please e-mail us.
How to contact us
We want to make sure you have control over your online travel experience as an Egencia customer, from planning and booking your travel to protecting your personal information.
Egencia customer service travel agents are ready to help with your Egencia travel concerns 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please e-mail us your questions and comments at email@example.com . If you need more immediate assistance, you may call an agent at +65 6704 3300 . You may also call at any time the customer service number given to you upon company sign-up.
In addition, you may directly contact the travel supplier at the phone number or address provided on your travel itinerary.
This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 15, 2015.