Looking for new ways to increase travel programme adoption? Read on to find the latest news and updates from industry suppliers to help reach your goals.
Bringing benefits for your company and travellers: SAS launches new business programmeLooking for new savings opportunities? On June 1, SAS launched a new, free business programme moving from back end "credits" to up front discounts. This means when booking with SAS or their partners Singapore Airlines and Widerøe corporate customers will now receive discounts based on service class or tier level. While there are some changes to their programme, don’t worry travellers will continue to receive EuroBonus points. Read more about the SAS corporate programme. Quick tip: Save time and money by entering your contract code on your Egencia corporate profile. It will then be automatically applied to your travellers' bookings.
Increase your travellers' productivity and comfort with Delta Comfort+Has finding ways to balance traveller productivity and comfort felt like hunting unicorns – nothing more than a mythical dream? Delta Comfort+ may not be a unicorn, but it could be a solution when it comes to having happy and productive travellers. Comfort+ gives your travellers 4” of extra legroom, dedicated overhead bin space, and access to Sky Priority® boarding. Comfort+ is available on select international and domestic flights. See a comparison of the different Delta onboard experiences. Quick tip: Due to GDS limitations Comfort+ is considered to be Premium Economy, even though on domestic journeys it is the front of the Economy cabin. To ensure your travellers make the most of this Economy product without approval you will need to update your policy setting to add Premium Economy.
More perks for your travellers, Egencia signs a global agreement with Best WesternBy the end of 2018, nearly 1,500 Best Western properties will start offering special Egencia Preferred Hotels rates (EPR). What’s in it for you and your travellers? Best Western properties will now offer exclusive discounts on the Egencia platform and will guarantee that all Egencia Preferred Hotels rates include:
- Last Room Availability
- Loyalty Points
- 24-hr cancellation
- Breakfast (guaranteed in North America; optional for other countries)
- Wifi (guaranteed in North America; optional for other countries)
Want to save 20% more points for every dollar spent? Marriott unifies it's three loyalty Programmes into one programme for travellersGreat news for your travellers! Starting in August 2018 Marriot has simplified their loyalty programme and is introducing unified benefits across Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) for its members. The merging of programmes not only result in a simpler programme, but also an incredibly rich hospitality loyalty programme in which members will earn more points faster than with prior programmes — averaging 20% more points for every dollar spent. The Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) names will continue to live on under the new set of unified benefits until a new programme name is introduced in 2019. What’s in it for your travellers?
- All members will be able to earn and redeem across all participating hotels and earn elevated benefits and elite status faster with new elite tiers. For example, earning Silver elite status after just ten nights and Gold elite status after just 25 nights will become standard in all three programmes.
- In August all members will start earning points for food and beverage and qualifying incidentals on their folio, rather than just the room rate.
- Breakfast amenities for Platinum and Platinum Premier members will be expanded to 23 participating brands.
- All Platinum Premier members surpassing 100 nights and $20,000 of spend will enjoy the highest level of personalised service – the popular Ambassador Programme – along with all the other benefits in that tier.
- Members who have achieved Lifetime status will continue to have their status recognised.